Lake Traverse fishing report (pics)

• walleyeben
    Participant
    Albertville,MN

This is week 2 of the 3 weeks of early opener alone the South Dakota borded, man what an under utlized fishery!
    This week found the water temps a little more stable at 46 to 48, lake level was down6 to 8 inches since last wensday and the water clarity had improved to about 20 inches. Only fished Tuesday due to the nasty weather moving out out the Dakotas. Boated 13 eyes all between 18 and 23 inches. Most fish came off a jig and minnow pitched to the shorelines although the 2 biggest came off trolled crankbaits. Notable pattern is slow way down and work every gap in the rocks once or twice. Also focus on the fallen trees, every tree that I found hanging in the water was hold ing fish, mainly nicer fish to and I did score a 17 inch bonus bass.Big minnows no plastic was key this week. I encourage anyone with a little time to give it a shot! Kept the 4 nicest males for supper, 3 19’s and a 21.5 all spraying every where!
    Had to throw in a shoreline pick for the guys lookin for spots Its a quater mile south of the county park

Jesse Krook
    Participant
    Y.M.H.

Well done Ben

stuart
    Participant
    Mn.

Quote:

Had to throw in a shoreline pick for the guys lookin for spots Its a quater mile south of the county park

Thanks Ben,Having never been there,I know right where to start and what to use.
    Nice fish!

walleyebuster5
    Participant
    Central MN

“bonus” bass? Dude, that’s a penalty fish! Nice work!

walleyeben
    Participant
    Albertville,MN

Ya surface carp Its the second bass in 10 years of fishing there or I wouldnt have ever taken a pic. Now if it was a smally I would pumped.

walleyebuster5
    Participant
    Central MN

Quote:

Ya surface carp Its the second bass in 10 years of fishing there or I wouldnt have ever taken a pic. Now if it was a smally I would pumped.

HA! I like to call them LillyCarp. I rarely see largies on Bigstone either but this year on the opener the fishing was not good.. Well, after a full day of pounding the water (3 boats and 10 guys) we were all tossing back a few in the evening. One of our guys was casting a rap off the dock and we see him from the cabin fighting a fish and then running the dock towards shore to land the fish. I sneak out there as he was taking his rap out and he’s hunched over with his back facing me,, he didnt know i was there watching. Then he grabs the fish and quickly throws it back in the water. It was a largemouth! He was like ,,OH NO, i was hoping nobody would see that and he wasnt planning on telling anyone. We teased him all night.

walleyeben
    Participant
    Albertville,MN

I once subscribed to b.a.s.s. magizine, under my buddies name and adress. That got him going How has Big Stone been for you this year?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.