Frogging

• timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Bass are gobbling up the spro frogs now! Got this 22″ toad last night in a super thick pad and milfoil mat.

Attachments:
    1. image54.jpg

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

That is a nice fish! And I bet it was a lot of fun and unnerving at the same time bringing that bad boy in after you realized how big he or she was.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Nice one!

-J.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

What a toad!

I bet that was a fun fight. Surface fishing bass was how I spent all of my summers before dad bought a boat when I was in Jr. high… I really need to get back to my roots sometime soon.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

I really need to get back to my roots sometime soon.

The time is now Will! Summer slop frogging is far and away my favorite thing to do when I need a little break from Muskie fishing.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

I really need to get back to my roots sometime soon.

The time is now Will! Summer slop frogging is far and away my favorite thing to do when I need a little break from Muskie fishing.

Yes, yes it is… This summer is pretty much a lost cause being caught in middle of moving/selling our old house, but the good news is once we get into the new house I’m going to be back in the NW metro.

Bryan Myers

That is a pig out of the thick stuff. You have to love the frog!! There’s always a spot in my boat for a frog rod, even if I’m not around thick weeds, I have really started using them around docks and wood in the last few years with some real success. Great looking fish keep the pics coming!

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Gotta love frogging, haven’t done it for a while myself… Nice bass Tim!!!

Mark

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

That is a nice fish! And I bet it was a lot of fun and unnerving at the same time bringing that bad boy in after you realized how big he or she was.

I think wearing a shirt with the words “keep calm” in bold font across the chest must help with that. At least a little.

Awesome fish, Tim.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Chive on…

If I had to pick one piece of cover and technique to fish the rest of my life, well this right here is it. Top water in the pads. My favorite “bite” isn’t getting smacked as the bait is moving, it’s swimming up to an opening and letting it drop or resting it next to the pad on the other side.

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

I would hate to be a frog trying to cross a slop patch when the bass are in there. I’ve done a little bit of it this summer too. Not many lip hooked fish in my experience. The frog is usually deep down in the maw… AWESOME!!!!

That is a hog! Congrats on that one. Were you able to muscle her out or did you have to go in after her?

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

That is a hog! Congrats on that one. Were you able to muscle her out or did you have to go in after her?

A 7’6″ flipping stick with 65lb 832 makes getting them out of the slop a non issue. It’s been a amazing summer for bass fishing they ate frogs for a solid 3 weeks and then the jig bit turned on like crazy!
    It’s Time to put away te bass rods now and keep working over the muskies.

Jason Luongo

Nothing beats a topwater bite!! And froggin seems to promote the most viscous strikes as well.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I’ve found a few crappies lately tossing one of these on weed edges along deeper water. I’m just rigging on a plain hook but adding a split a foot above. Someone mentioned wood and that’s another spot that these have been good.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0622.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.