Forum Post Questions

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

Can I use HTML in my posts?
    You can use some HTML within posts to users at this time. Topics post and replies also can include BBCodes. This will allow you to format and stylize your post and add links without needing to use HTML.

How do I stylize my posts?
    Each post and reply includes some HTML tags as well as BBCodes. This will allow you to format and stylize your post and add links without needing to use HTML. You are also able to attach images from your desktop through the attachments area of the post.

For the best results, use the text editor bar to generate the correct HTML tags for a post:

wysiwyg

How do I add a file to my post?
    You are also able to attach images/approved files from your desktop through the attachments area of the post. The largest size of file you are able to attach is 512 KB.

What if I put the post in the wrong forum?
    If you accidently request to add a topic in the wrong forum, you are able to adjust this while creating your reply by simply opening up the dropdown menu under the Fourm heading and choosing another forum you would like to include this topic in.

What if I make a mistake in my post?
    You always have control over your posts. You are able to edit posts from your account, or by reviewing the post within the forum. If a change is substantial, you should mark the post as edited within the title. However, if a change is minimal, just editing and saving it will ensure any additional users are seeing the updates.

Why is a posts subject so important?
    The first post of a given thread establishes the subject by which all subsequent replies will be known. Once there’s been a reply, the thread subject cannot be subsequently changed. It’s therefore important to get the subject right from the outset. Make it as descriptive and as specific as possible. For example, ‘LCD burn-in questions’, is much better than something completely generic, such as ‘Newbie needs help!’. Not only is it more likely to elicit a response, but it’ll also make it much easier for all posts in the thread to be subsequently located.

How do I find posts that may already have the answer to the question I have?
    One of the key benefits of the discussion board format is that it enables commonly asked questions to be answered once, for the benefit of all. Before posting your question, it is always worth checking to see if it has already been asked – and answered! You can do this via the Search link in the left sidebar on the Forums page. Trying to be as specific as possible, will help make it easier to locate what you are looking for within the search results.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.