Fishing Lake Kabetogama this week

• jech84
    Participant

Any ido’ers familiar with kabatoguma this time of year. I have never fished the lake before nor do I usually get a chance to do much fall fishing so I don’t really have a clue on where to start looking for Mr wally.
    The plan is to start by pulling some crawlers with bottom bouncers around the reefs until we find some hungry fish and then try to jig them up.
    ANY insight would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

jech84
    Participant

By that report, it sounds like I should bring my shotgun along.

bigstick56
    Participant
    Lester Prairie, MN

Post your results when you get back….either good or bad…I am heading to Kab the 2nd-6th of Oct. we are staying @ Idlewild resort…We have been going to Kab for a week in June for the past 10 years so I am familiar with the spots that fish are that time of year, but this will be my first fall trip….so I am also curious if there is any input from fellow IDO’ers….Good luck

norge
    Participant

I am heading to Kab the 20th for a week at Driftwood Lodge. Have a day with Tim Watson early in trip, so hope he can get us on some fish. Looking forward to the time away! I will report back.
    Lloyd

PB2
    Participant

100 percent you will catch fish with Tim Watson.

wiswalleye48
    Participant
    East Troy, WI

Jech84
    I am heading up to Kab on Wed night this is my 8th trip,3rd in the late Sept period. 3 yr ago I fish with Tim W learned a lot! While rigging may be ok it jig and minnow, deep 25-35’will provide best results. Use 1/4 if possible as they should be light hits. If u can get your hands on some leaches it may surprise u! I can not find any leaches in southeastern WI to bring. Send me a pm and maybe we can talk more. Have fun and tight lines

Walleye Hunter

poomunk
    Participant
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Big Stick, Keep your eye out for a new-ish light blue 175 Alumacraft with a full windshield, I’m going to be up there the 1-5th with my parents. We can swap notes if we bump into each other, staying at Northern Lights. Be careful if you do see us, its my dad’s boat and still working on getting him used to handling a big(ger) console style boat.

Sounds like the walleye bite is like said above, 25-35′ jigging, I’m thinking I may get the lead out and try a little trolling just for fun too. Also sounds like a pretty descent pike bite on the deep weed edges, will have to try that at some point too. This will be our first fall trip, only been up in May before.

norge
    Participant

Hi Jech84,
    I sent you a friend request. How long are you up on this trip?
    Lloyd

jech84
    Participant

Norge, just pulled into the Driftwood lodge and will be here till Saturday. My father has actually been here since last Saturday and has been having a tough go at it. He has not fished out to 30 ft yet so tomorrow we are headed deep.
    Walleye Hunter, I’ll let you know how we do tomorrow. We will have to stay in touch and hopefully get on em sooner than later.

EJ

norge
    Participant

Looking forward to your report! Looks like we will pass each other head on.

bigstick56
    Participant
    Lester Prairie, MN

Poomunk, That sounds good….I know a couple of the people we are going with usually like to head to Namikan that time of year but I want to put some days in on Kab as I know there are tons of fish to be had, just gotta find em….Depending on the group, I have a 2011 Alumacra 175 Dom Sport, full windshield and its black, with a 115 opti hanging on it….hopefully see you out there…

jech84
    Participant

Got a late start today after getting in late last night. Started out on a reef and picked up a dandy perch and couple small walleyes in 35 to 20 feet of water. Moved to the wind blown side of a island in about 25 feet and nickel and dime a few more eyes, saugers, and another dandy perch. Biggest eye was 16 inches. Most eyes were 13 to 15 inches. Talked to a guy at the dock who said he caught two 21″ish walleyes while pike fishing in 6 feet of water. Going back out in a few after grabbing some grub.

norge
    Participant

Thanks for the update Jech84

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.