Fisherman dry storage

• clawman
    Spokane Wa

Do your compartments get wet? My Skeeter MX 1825 compartments get wet due to poor design and as much as I like the boat I hate this and am ready for a change. Every company calls their storage “dry storage” but practical usage tells the tale.
    Looking at the new FS but I think the design of existing Fisherman series is probably the same.
    Is your Fisherman actually DRY?

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

My stratos 326 XF never gets water in the storage lockers.

ChasinWalleye
    Prior lake

I’m on my second Ranger 620, and I have never got water in any of my compartments. I can see where that issue would be very frustrating.

Nate

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

I’ve had condensation issues from time to time in in some of my MX-2025 dry storage compartments but never water from rain.
    Every boat I’ve ever owned needed to have its compartments opened up and aired out after fishing in an all day rain.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

My 618sc storage compartments are dry. All day rain or spearing a wave, don’t matter. Never gets wet inside the lockers.

-J.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’ve had condensation issues from time to time in in some of my MX-2025 dry storage compartments but never water from rain.
    Every boat I’ve ever owned needed to have its compartments opened up and aired out after fishing in an all day rain.

Same here. No water from rain or waves in my 2025. I trust the “dryness” enough to put our video cameras in them in rough seas and we never see any water on the cameras or other equipment. Obviously, humidity will be an issue in any and all lockers until someone makes an air tight system – which obviously isn’t an option. Have you had your boat to the dealer to see if you have an issue specific to your boat?

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

or spearing a wave

Haven’t had that experience yet and kind of hoping I don’t in the future.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

My 2005 Ranger has a right side locker that collects water. I suspect that there is a drain hole but can’t find it to clean it out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.