Fall Fishing

• Paulski
    Participant
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Geez, sure seems dead on the St Croix board. I have to think that is a reflection of the fishing ?

I know I have not been getting anything but dink sauger’s here and there, but I figured that was just me. I have have been putting in the time, just little rewards.

Well, at least I have the entertainment of watching people drive right through the no wake zones under full plane …

happycampin
    Participant
    New Richmond, WI

Hey Paulski

Made it out last Saturday 10.18 with the same results. We jigged and pulled lead from 94 down to the Kinni narrows with a few 13″ sauger and a 12″ crappie to show for our efforts. Water temp was around 51 at that time. Hopefully things pick up soon!!!

Ryan

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

I was out today from 2pm to 6pm. Tough bite till 5pm. Pulled in 3 saugers at average of 16 inch and 3 short walleye and 4 crappie. Got late and the wind picked up out of the north making it hard for boat control on the shelf I was on. Being alone and and how fast the sun was going down I chose safety first. The bite was on and I hated to leave.

jerrj01
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

Fished all day Wednesday pulling snap weighting cranks hitting spots from Prescott all the way up to the catfish bar at Afton. A couple of white bass, one ticked off gar that left me bleeding, and a couple dozen short walleyes and saugers. I’m wondering what I’m doing wrong.

Mike Anselmo
    Participant
    Wisconsin

2 things you need to do:

1) Watch/Read the jigging rap piece on the homepage
    2) Apply to St Croix

I am not a seasoned Croix walleye fisherman, but I’ve taken quality limits the last couple weeks. Plus a bunch of bonus fish. #7 was good for me. I’ve been fishing the steep breaks between Afton and the Kinni. I don’t have a lot of time on the river, so I’m covering water fairly fast in search of active fish. Once I catch one, I’ll put a GPS mark on it and work back thru the area.

It’s easily the most fun I can remember having fishing walleyes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.