Fall Fishing with the Grandkids

• jeff-pb-crappie-16.5
    SW Michigan

Took the grandkids fishing last weekend. Caught enough for a fish fry. Fun morning. Grandson informed me he would be a fishermen for life which put a big smile on my face.

A funny side story is the Granddaughter had a surprise for me as I got the boat and tackle ready for our trip. I opened the grandson’s tackle box as I was searching for the Colorado spinner he had powder painted and released one of the worst odors I had ever come across. She had put 2 live minnows in his tackle box the last time we went fishing which had been 2 weeks before I found it. It was rather warm during this period. Then to top that off she put 2 live minnows in her tackle box also. I threw away all the crappie tubes that were in the boxes because they smelled so bad. I washed the tackle boxes out but the odor is still there. I can’t be mad at her because she was saving the minnows to use the next time we went fishing.

Attachments:
    1. fish-pic.jpg

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

She didn’t happen to learn her “pranking” skills from her gramps, did she? I’ve know a few gramps who have mastered the fine art of pranking…

Good story. Can’t wait to take my GK’s in the boat.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Great picture. They look like they’ve had a fun outing. I’ll offer my praises here at getting them out. They’ll remember this for a long time.

jeff-pb-crappie-16.5
    SW Michigan

They are both becoming good little fishermen. He is on his 5th season and she is on her 3rd. I not sure who has the best time, them or me.

Bryan Myers

It looks like they had lots of fun, there making great memories that will last a life time. I know I still often think about all the time my grandfather’s spent with me on the water growing up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.