Any Cool New Baits for 2012

• ryan-mcmahon
    Participant
    Twin Cities, MN

So with all the musky/sport shows behind us, what new baits did everybody grab?.. and what are you guys/gals looking forward to throwing this year?

I have 3 baits that I’m pretty excited about…

1. The bucktails from Kramer Bros. Tackle look pretty sweet. They are tied very similar to double cowgirls but have a really intense reflective tape on the blades. This tape is thicker and more durable (looking) than I expected it to be. I also like that they put the tape on both sides of the blades. I grabbed some 10’s and 9’s sized blades. Fish catchers for sure!

2. I got some baits to try out from a bait maker from West Virginia called Myers Musky Lures. I have essentially his full line up of baits which are all hand made. The lipped baits are made of cedar and his gliders are maple. Great paint jobs and great action from what I could tell when I had them out in the test pool. Guys are hammering muskies out in WV with these baits, can’t wait to see what our fish think of them!

3. Double Dawg pounders. Really don’t need to say much about these.. Got the pleasure of trying these out a little last year and they are awesome. The Mag size Double Dawg last October and November were complete assassins in my boat! Bigger bait, bigger fish right?

BBKK
    Participant
    IA

Well, not really brand new.. but I’m excited to throw some rapala glidin’ raps this year. And of course my own lures.

BBKK
    Participant
    IA

Quote:

Alabama rig!!

What you going to do if you get 2 muskies on at once?

a.j.-wiesner
    Participant
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

the new shadzilla jr. from big wood tackle co. looks pretty cool if you ask me.

ryan-mcmahon
    Participant
    Twin Cities, MN

Shadzilla JR eh? I’ll have to check that one out AJ.

Alabama rig… Interesteing, I’ve been toying with something the past couple of years… Just has a couple of blades and sometimes a small crankbait in front… Awesome for night fishing.

I did get some of the prime time leaders from Stealth Tackle, those look pretty cool with the blade leading the bait. I was thinking big plastics but I guess guys are using them on everything, including topwater baits..

matt-p
    Participant
    White Bear Lake, MN

I dont have any new ones yet… but this weekend I probably will..

timschmitz
    Participant
    Waconia MN

Quote:

Alabama rig!!

That’s pretty funny! A buddy and I were just talking about taking 5-6 of those mini medusas and using a spreader then hooking up a monster medusa as the catch bait. It would be so expensive they’d have to eat it.

shaley
    Participant
    Milford IA

Timberwolf Gliders and some new prototype bait from a buddy…

ryan-mcmahon
    Participant
    Twin Cities, MN

Yeah Tim, make sure to leave the price tags on as well… Big muskies have expensive taste!

keepcasting
    Participant
    Excelsior

Got a custom UV Squirko at the muskie show that will see some time right away, also picked up some of the Shadzilla Jr’s that AJ is talking about that look pretty sweet.

Paulski
    Participant
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

I went with with my old stand by’s for the most part.

Nimmers, Ghosttails, but will be giving a few spanky’s a try this year for the first time…

rdwheeler
    Participant
    Hudson WI

Im pretty stoked also for the double pounders

ryan-mcmahon
    Participant
    Twin Cities, MN

My booth at this years MN show was next to Greg’s (Nimmer Swimmer) and man does he make some cool stuff. After 3 days you do get a little sick of him clacking those polly wogs all day long.

musky_ben
    Participant
    Red Wing, MN

I picked up to Musky Safari Tandem Serial Killers, I am not a big on spinner baits for musky no real big reason why but I always seem to catch more bass and pike on them than muskies. But these caught my eye and I picked up a black and orange and firetiger. I have vowed to myself to use them till I catch a musky on them!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.