Paulin 5,500 Mini-Heater Problems

• JedRock
    Participant
    LaCrosse, WI

I recently baught a Paulin 5,500 plus mini-heater for my shanty. The instructions say to light the heater and hold the button in for 30 seconds, then it should run on it’s own. Both times I have used it, I had to hold the button for 5 minutes or more and it still wouldn’t take off in some instances. I exchanged the heater and got a new one. Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any suggestions on something that I may have done wrong??

Thanks,

amwatson
    Participant
    Holmen,WI

Usually this does not happen . I have one similar to that and mine started right off. I just turned it to Pilot, held the button down for maybe 15 seconds and hit the ignitor. They sure are a handy heater, keeps my Otter and the Trap very warm for such a small heater. Did the new one work for you right away? If so, you can rule out operator error . If not, it was definitely mechanical failure.

JedRock
    Participant
    LaCrosse, WI

Mine doesn’t have an ignitor, you have to light it with a match or lighter. The new one seems to work, though I’ve only tried it in my living room.

Thanks,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.