Seat base Rod rack for boat

• wallgeye
    Richfield, MN

As usual I waited too long and am now in a bit of a rush to get something like this in time for opener next weekend. I am actually needing it by Wedsday as I was planning on heading north Thursday. Rodgers Cabela’s did not have any in stock. I thought I had seen something similar elsewhere. I could still do it with expedited shipping from Cabela’s, hopefully. Just want to see if someone knows of anything like this that might not involve shipping.

Does anyone know of someplace close to Mpls (within an hour drive) where I might find something like this to buy? I need a wedge seat post style. I hate having rods laying on the floor of the boat. Not needing the rod holder pictured here either.

Thanks for any tips!!

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Why not make your own? Get a spare seat post, and a standard rod rack, and use a pair of “strap clamps” like electricians use for the larger rigid conduits?

HRG

littlefishy
    Ellsworth, WI

Shipped mine in from Cabelas. Don’t know how I got by without it. Keeps the boat tidy and you can bungy the rods right in the rack and carry the whole works wherever.

les_welch

Just an FYI, you have to get that direct, Cabelas in Rogers or Owatonna don’t stock that item. I ordered mine. I am in Eau Claire, I got one you can use, if you’re headed this way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.