lowrance xog all terrain handheld gps

• boos1906
    Participant

Hey guys I am looking at buying a handheld gps for fishing. I am looking at buying a lowrance xog handheld. The reason I decided on this is because you can use the navionics hot map programs with these.I am just wondering what your guys opinions are on these? You can’t network two of these together can you? I fish lakes in both the south and north regions of the navionics hot maps. Can u run both the south and north regions on this gps? Also can you guys tell me where I can find what lakes are covered by region? Thanks for the help guys.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

You will have to visit Navionics website for lake info. It should be layed out by chip.

As for the XOG as a outdoor unit, it’s been discussed here several times in the past. Battery life and weather resistance were the two biggest downfalls of the device. However, when it comes to using it in the car, it gets rave reviews.

bob schroden
    Participant
    Cold Spring, MN

I have the XOG and I really like it.
    I use it in the truck, on the ice and in the boat.

Battery life is 2 hours, then it needs to be plugged in.

matt_grow
    Participant
    Albertville MN

My XOG just puked out on me yesterday. Up until now, I loved it. Lowrance may have a quick fix but I doubt it. Either way, I’ll be purchasing another one.
    It is one unit that needs to stay in the truck though.

buzzball
    Participant

I’ve also been thinking about this unit. I don’t summer fish that often. Instead of buying a 600 dollar gps depth finder I thought. I could just mount it next to my cheap one in the boat. I do ice fish quite a bit and was thinking this would be good there too.

matt_grow
    Participant
    Albertville MN

I just wish the thing was a bit more dependable. Battery life is to little and there are people including myself who have had issues with it.
    But you won’t see me buying anything else until a better unit comes out that will accept my LakeMaster chip.

boos1906
    Participant

Does anybody other than lowrance make one that u can put a map on? Does the xog come with a cig adapter or house charger?

matt_grow
    Participant
    Albertville MN

The XOG comes with the Cig adapter and can also be charged via USB.

As far as I know there isn’t another unit that has comparable features.

Wheres that Wade guy?

wade_kuehl
    Participant
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Does anybody other than lowrance make one that u can put a map on? Does the xog come with a cig adapter or house charger?

This Garmin Nuvi 500 is a great option, and it takes LAKEMASTER maps!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.