Smooth Moves boat seats.

• Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

I had the chance to fish with EyeGuide yesterday at Prescott. Fishing was slow but the trip down from St.Cloud was worth every bit just to sit and ride in the smooth moves in the boat. Thanks Chris for the great time.
    Chris, any chance you could post a picture of this unit for everyone to see? Why I didn’t, I don’t know. My goal is to have a pair in my boat by opener. The boat ride will never be the same again.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

From what I hear these ”Smooth Move” seat brackets are the best thing going. Alot of Pros have installed them in their boats and love them. They are alot less expensive than the Glyde Rides. I know Nate is going to put them in his new boat when it gets here. And yesterday [Sat] I had the opportunity to to stand and jump on the bracket, and I’m a big guy, and believe it or not I couldn’t get it to bottom. Brett King was able to make a, what he calls a ”Big Boy” version, I call it a ”Fat Boy” version which is the one I’m getting and jumped on, for my boat. I am getting mine installed next week. When are you getting yours installed?

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

LMAO!!!!!!!!! Bill you got me rolling on the floor too funny!! If you have your boat next weekend you will have to give me a ride in that new seat. Do you want to run patrol boat for the LPO?

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

Is there a website where these brackets can be viewed? They sound really sweet.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

To be honest with you Steve I will have to see how my back is as its been acting up again since last week. So instead of fishing this weekend I have spent it learning my new camera. You wouldn’t believe how dumb I am when it comes to learning computer stuff. Dave K. even spotted me late last night on the board trying to download stuff and then delete it so no one sees it while he was at work, but on break, so he tried to help me. The last bit of advice he gave me got me to try downloading and retrieving differant than the so called atuomatic way and by pass the junk and I think I’m on top of it now, I hope. Am cooking today as some of the kids and grandkids are coming over. I’m so glad that when it comes to these seats all I have to do is just sit in them and the brackets do all the work of taking out the bumps in the ride. Thats an excellant reason why I need this seat bracket. OR for you guys who don’t have back problems this is a good way to help you not get them. I have alot of bad disk in both my neck and back so these ”Smooth Moves” are going to help me fish forever. Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hey River Rat, I’ll check with Brett to see if he has a photo that can be put on the site. Smittys Marine in Lake City has a seat setup on his floor showroom. There is a knob on the back top of the bracket that you turn to adjust the tension of the seat bracket for different peoples weight to get the smoothest ride. Can’t wait to enjoy mine. Thanks, Bill

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Wow !!! You got have my full attention. I also have back problems and anything that helps keep me on the water I need !!. Do they require any special stuff or do they fit right on a regular pedestal. Steve

brett-king

Hey guys I am away from home at the moment but as soon as I get back tonight I will try to follow up on this post.I do have some pictures that I can e-mail out if someone wants leave me thier e-mail.I will try and see if I can copy the pucture to this forum anyone know for sure if I can do that or not? Hey Bill that is great humor!!!!!!!!! D-Man glad you liked my mounts lets get you hooked up.As for the question on the install it depends on the brand of boat you have as to how they go in, but I pretty much have the majority figured out.
    Thanks for the kind words Brett

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

What’s the price of these little gems you guys? Do you need to replace the floor brackets too? Do they fit any standard boat seat?

nate-cadwell
    Rochester, Mn

Hey Guys
    Bill Cadwell will have his boat at the LPO weigh ins this weekend and he will have both versions rigged in there the (Big Boy and the Slim Jim) so stop by and take a look sit down and take a few bounces I will also try to have a floor Display at the Rules meeting so you can take a seat on that as well.
    I know I can not wait to get mine rigged bring on the waves.
    Thanks
    Nate Cadwell
    P.S. Brett if you need help downloading that Pic on here give me a shout I can do it for ya or instruct you through it. sort of sounds like what I have to do when we are fishing as well LOL…..

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Brett- You can post a picture right here in this thread. The picture just needs to be under 100,000 bytes. I tell you what, I was in a motorcycle accident 13 years ago and broke my lower back to bits. I have enough steel and bolts holding me together on moving parts that slick 50 may be a option for sponsorship if I needed it. That seat was unbelievable. I think Tuck was getting tired of me talking about it, I just could not believe the comfort it provided and how much smoother the ride was. I too will need the Big Boy set-up Brett. Any info you can get me would be much appreciated. I am opening the season on little waveless Mille lacs so the sooner the better.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I bought one from Brett with my wife in mind! Paired it up with a seat from Tempress. Gave it the first good workout last weekend when that wind was blowin’ ! All I can say is she was smiling. When my wife is happy in the boat that equals more fishing time for me!!

Here are a few pix to give you all an idea of what we are talking about….

Jon J.

brett-king

Alright were do I begin to answer the questions.First le`ts address Mr. Nate Cadewell`s question?Your mounts are on backorder until oh let`s say December!! Thank you Jon J for helping me with the pictures that is way cool and I am glad to hear your wife is pleased.I do not have a web page at this time but i hope to have an internet outlet for them soon I hope right James ?As for the seat mounts they sell for $225.00 plus shipping & tax.The new Big Boys version will retail for $260.00,but I need alittle more testing on these units to make sure I have it right so bare with me on this one.The units are warranteed for one year and I have a repair service available beyond that if needed.I am insured for this so it is all on the up & up.This unit will accept your original boat seat and in alot of cases you can shorten your existing pedestal to accomidate the height differnce.You will add about 4 inches into your seat so most of the time you want to take it back out.I have short pedestals available also if necessary.Installation is very simple and takes less then 30 minutes to complete.All stainless steel hardware and loctite are included in the kits so all you need is a couple of 7/16 & 9/16 wrenches to install them.I spent alot of time to make this easy and friendly so people would not have a hassle.I hope this answers all your questions if I missed something please ask again or give me a shout at 507-456-4130 anytime before 10pm.Bill if that works out with you boat that will be a great place for guys to check them out also thank you.
    Brett King

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Most questions answered, THANKS. Just one more, does the mounting plate fit the standard hole pattern on boat seats (mine are Lund Seats)? I saw something like this at Als in Rochester a week ago in a new Ranger in the showroom. Maybe it was something else? I didn’t pay enough attention but what you have sounds very appealing to me.

nate-cadwell
    Rochester, Mn

Hey LundGeye
    yes the Mounting plate fits the Standard Holes on your boat seats it really is pretty easy to install just mount to the pedastal and then to the seat. and The mount you seen in Als was the same mount that Brett sells. Brett put a display in a boat there about a month ago.
    Hope this Answeres your Questions I am sure Brett will have more to add when he comes back on.

brett-king

The one you saw at Al`s was one of mine that we are displaying there.They are a dealer for me and yes your Lund seats will bolt right on up to it.One last thing I forgot to mention was that these are adjustable to your body weight so you can set your own ride comfort.
    Thanks Brett

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Just got mine installed tonight. Put the ”Fat Boy” under me and the ”Slim Jim” under the passenger seat. All set to go, wheres the water? Like Nate said, I will have my boat at the weigh ins both days so feel free to come take a look at them. ”Thanks Brett”. Me and my ”Fat Boy” will see you on the water. Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Got to personally check out the ”Smooth Move” seat mounts this past weekend. And they certainly live up to their name- -Smooth Moves. They absorb the ”bam” that you hear and feel when you hit a wave, chop on the water, and the wakes of those big boats and barges like to send our way. A ”must” item for every boat on the water. Its your back, your kidneys, or it’s ”Smooth Moves” seat mounts. Thanks, Bill

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Should have mine in a week. My back is looking forward to it. I also got the Fat boy version and the Slim Jim version for the passenger.

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Bill, what is the difference between the fat boy and the slim jim version? If these seats are adjustable for body weight is there a limit we should look for?

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I’m not positive but I think the limit on the Slim is 250 lbs and 350 on the Fat Boy [big boy] version. I’m a big guy with alot of bad disk in my back and neck from several work injuries so I went with the strongest one for my seat. I felt I wanted the best ride I could get under my circumstances. I will always continue to be carefull on the water with the problems I have and I do stay out of rough water but I did put the seats to several test Sunday and really loved the results. I am sold on them. Thanks, Bill

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Bill, do they physically look different? Does the fat boy take up more space (width) or is it just thicker from top to bottom? I assume my air ride factory seat(s) will have to come out. Will my rotation ability be limited with the new seat bases? They appear to stick out to the back a little more but I can’t tell from the pictures. In any case, I am probably heading in the direction to get 1 or 2 for my boat before I head to Lake of the Woods.

brett-king

The bigboy is physically the same size as the regular so it won`t take up anymore space.I can also upgrade a regular to a bigboy if you ever decided you wanted more so it`s no big deal.When is your trip to LOTW we should get you hooked up as I will get real busy here in a week or so.As for your air rides you will just set them aside or after you have tried your Smooth Moves you might put them were they belong .Give me a shout and I can help you with your pedestal set-up.
    Thanks Brett

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hey Frank, Like Brett said just give him a hollar and he can set you up. I fish out of a red Lund Mr. Pike 16 and have no problem with room for turning my seat around. They are the same size. They can be adjusted for the kind of ride you want by just turning a knob. Super user friendly. I’ll shoot you a pm and give you my address so you can just stop over, climb in the boat and check them out. Boat is sitting in the driveway right now. If anyone else wants to check them out just give me a hollar. Thanks, Bill

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Well, a Smooth Moves boat seat base is now installed in my Lund 1700 Fisherman. I had my Yamaha engine controls prerigged by Lund and wondered if there would be interference for the 2nd (kicker) control but there is not even close to any problem. Brett King was great to deal with and I’m now anticipating the best rides of my life on the water. I’ll post a report after running a couple of days. Hopefully next weekend.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

And a many ”Smooth Moves” to you Frank. See you on the water. Thanks, Bill

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I was on the River yesterday, and was up in Prescott when the wind picked up big time! I had to go back to Treasure Island to pull the boat out. Eleven miles of pure hell! If it would not have been for the seats, it would have been unbearable, no matter what boat you had! Thanks Brett!
    Tuck

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

The seats are in! I can’t wait to take on Mille Lacs now for more reasons than landing some nice walleyes. I installed in my Crestliner fishhawk, it was about 30 minutes per seat,(and 3 michelob golden lights). opppps, 4.
    I will report back after opener.

brett-king

Happy to hear all is well .I also was kind of patting myself on the back yesterday when I made a run down river as that south wind had it rolling big time.D-man can i quote you on that installation time guys might be more receptive to 3 or 4 M-lights then they are to a half an hour .
    Thanks again Brett

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Absolutely… I have to warn you though, my 3 or 4 to clock ratio may be off a little bit compared to others. I drink beer like they are going to quit making it and I want to make sure I received my fair share maybe even more than my fair share . The seats where a breeze to install and I can tell you the big boy seems to have no problem holding up this Big boy. I was not able to bottom it out, all looks real good. Thanks for the great product and super service Brett.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.