Gamakatsu ” New lighted bobber “

• Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

While working the NW Sport Show last month, I found this new bobber that Gamakatsu has out link to new bobber on web site check them out….it has a really bright top that I think is going to work out well night fishing on Mille Lacs. They are a little spendy at $11.00

I purchased mine at Fleet Farm

check them out……

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

I will be stopping at Fleet Farm this morning.

shaley
    Milford IA

Neat bobber, with the LED a battery should last several nights instead of several hours like most do now. I’ll be looking for a couple myself.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I hate it already, I’ll save my cash. I like Gamakatsu hooks.. but I had enough tangles with the old blue fox bobbers and other floats that had the swivel on the bottom for the line, or just the hole in the float seemed to work better some of the time. Nothing but problems in the cold weather when line memory came into play especially.

Make a cast and 10 minutes later you realize you wasted 10 minutes because the line twisted on the swivel.

I’ll stick to the Thill lighted floats for now until they come out with a better design.

Great idea with the LED light and high visibility.. but its the only strong point I see. I dont think it would outweigh the burden of excess tangles.

Just my .02 cents.. we all have our own opinions and preference.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Ditto to what Dave wrote….I’ll never use a float with the swivel end design. Just too many tangles.

Thill has a good product and one light will last the season. And for me, that’s usually longer than the float lasts.

-J.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

The Gami float looks like this one pictured here on the left. Been around for a long time. The one next to it is similar, but with a single hole on the bottom. The third one is a Thill where the line slides all the way through, top to bottom.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

The last one is a set up I use a lot. Simply take a cheap foam bobber and drill a hole into the top. Insert a “Glow Stick” into the hole and you are set to go. The glow sticks last all night.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I have made my own lighted weighted bobbers for this year. I will show you guys after the Big D..

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I 3rd the Thills. Use to use the ones in the picture above on the left and stopped for reasons stated by F-Dave & JJ. I have had no problems since using the Thills.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I have taken Thills to the next level!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Note to self:”trash Tuck’s boat looking for lighted bobbers during opener”.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Oh, I am sure “Wally” will have plenty of tricks to catch the bigguns!

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Tuck- you do realize now your boat, truck, pockets and cooler is on the list for a full blown inspection.

I picked up a few of the gamkatsu bobbers and these things are bright. I do agree with the above statements on the tangles with the swivels. I like a good challenge.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

I like a good challenge.

That’s why you hang around the likes of Tuck, Bobber, Hooks, the list could go on and on.

I will pay for that comment

Ron

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

This thread is a Walleye Bobber thread, your people are not allowed in here much less to post anything Slider

Go back to the Homer Simposon Crank thread under the Grass Carp Forum.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

[quoteThat’s why you hang around the likes of Tuck, Bobber, Hooks, the list could go on and on.

I knew I forgot someone

Hey Lip Service

Ron

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

You guys are killing me! I also use Thills!

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Lip service , thats a good one. I’ll have to remember that one.

Jami

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Kooty, next time I’m at his place I’ll take a couple of quick pictures of them. Then we can get a plan together to over them on the opener

Jami

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Jon,

How do you get the Thill lights to last all season? I am lucky if I get two nights out of them. I agree they are the best I have used. I just wish that I could get better performance out of the battery/lights.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I didn’t say they last all season. The glow sticks last all night.

-J.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.