Downtime tonight at midnight.

• Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

There are some security updates for the servers as well as software updates for the site that need to be put into place tonight. I have created some deployment scripts based on the issues I ran into last time so hopefully this time around it shouldn’t be more than a half hour of downtime at most.

After the updates the “remember me” option will work like it did on the old site. I have been kicking this around on our staging for a week now and it seems to be working as expected. The real test will come here though.

Logging in will be possible from any page but hopefully not needed as often with a working “remember me” option. The login panel has an eye icon next to the password that can be used to toggle the display of the password so you can see what you’re typing. (if needed)

Additional notifications will be displayed next to your name in the top navigation bar. You’ll be able to click on your name to open up a quick access menu with links for editing your profile, viewing messages, group invites and more. Unread notifications, messages, friend requests and group invites will have their totals highlighted so you can see what needs attention quickly.

Also, user locations are displayed under their names in posts.

Effort for some larger tasks such as full post tracking is still in progress. I will keep trying to push smaller updates as I go though.

deertracker

Thanks for all your hard work!
    DT

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

We gotta talk to James about your hours. 8O

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

Eh.. would rather do site/server updates at this time of the night than say Monday at noon. (which would conflict with my day job anyhow) lol

Plus if things go off track I’ve got at least 5 hours before the sun comes up to get them back on again. D

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

What’s wrong with the hours Bg?? )

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

From a brief perusal the changes look great!!!

Nice work

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

The dedication and commitment to doing such a great job is a breth of fresh air. Thank you for all that you are doing.

bigpike

Cyber hugs all around

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

Thanks guys! I’ll take that as everything is still working that was working before. D

I’ve got a couple more updates today but the site can remain open for them when they’re synced here.

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

*sigh* – just realized that top menu bar was displaying for all logged in members. I’ve disabled it’s display – the useful stuff should be in the drop down under your username in the top navigation bar next to your avatar/photo.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Is there any way to mark all your notifications a read? I had quite a few I wanted to mark as read or delete and it looked like I could only do them one at a time.

Nice work though. I noticed it when I logged in.

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

Actually there isn’t but I am working on this. The single delete option only with a double??? confirmation is just painful to use. I hope to have this updated in production yet today.

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

Those other updates and the mark all read for notifications will have to be next weekend. (or possibly some time during the week).

I pulled on a thread to one of the plugins and this time I couldn’t keep myself unraveling it completely. It was on the chopping block list anyhow. (just got moved to the top) lol

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.