Crayfish in the metro

• I CATCH BIG FISH
    oakdale,mn

I am thinking about going and setting out the crayfish trap but I don’t know much about it. Is there any tips or tricks to it? Are they even out now since it is the end of October?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Wish I could help you out ICBF, my knoledge of cray’s ends at knowing they can’t be trapped on the St Croix.

dbright
    Cambridge

I ran across a few videos YouTube of a guy trapping crawfish one the rum river a few years back on catching and cooking them.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Wish I could help you out ICBF, my knoledge of cray’s ends at knowing they can’t be trapped on the St Croix.

They must really be smart if you can’t trap them on the Croix, must be all the zebra mussels they are eating because I rarely see those anymore.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I thought they could, just cannot be transported.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Check the regs where you go. The north metro Mississippi doesn’t allow the capture or use of crayfish in any way.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brian Klawitter wrote:</div>

I thought they could, just cannot be transported.

I see if I can locate the wording Andy, but I’m pretty sure it was changed a few years back to no live crayfish can be used on the Croix because to the Rusty Cray.

I don’t have time right now though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.