Cass Creek Big Horn Speaker?

• Cp3
    Hammond, WI

I was thinking about getting this and then hooking up my ipod for calling. What do you guys think about going this route for a beginner? I’m in WI and hunting a farm more so on the edge of fields and four wheeler paths. Plus the speaker is only $40 so I know the saying you get what you pay for but in this case I wonder if it would be worth trying. Any input would be great from you IDO guys so let her rip

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

That is a cost effective way to get started. The sound quality may not be the best that it can be, but it does get you into the field starting. If its something you enjoy, invest in better quality later when the budget allows

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Don’t be afraid to invest in a few hand calls also. They are a nice affordable option for a beginner. The speak is of course really nice on those blustery days though.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

What do you guys think about a homemade e-caller?

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

I went with the Cass Creek for now to give it a try without going too overboard on money. I know mouth calls would be a good option. With just beginning is there one or two that I should consider getting first?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

For hand calls, I simply started buying a few. The Randy Anderson line from Primos is pretty easy to blow. I also like my Les Johnson call. Lots and Lots out there to try.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.