Can't Wait

• Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

After the A–hole deep snow last year I cannot wait for deer hunting to get over and start rousting some Yotes.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Amen brotha!!!! Chomping for my T day trip to SD. Gonna be good.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’ve been playing with all my hand calls for the last couple weeks. Ducks and geese sound ok, but that intense squealing of an injured coyote pup in the crisp cold air sounds so much better

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’m already watching the forecast and hoping for little to no snow between now and Thanksgiving! We are already to the point in the area where I’ll be hunting post-Thanksgiving where it is getting difficult.

As insurance, I was thinking of spending a lot of money on a new pair of stealthy showshoes and maybe a snowmobile. That’d absolutely guarantee almost no snow the rest of the winter, just like buying a new snowblower.

Whackin’ yotes is just so much fun.

Grouse

kooty
    Keymaster

I started prepping Ma yesterday for a new snowblower. Should have it purchased right after Thanksgiving. Let’s see how my purchase holds and maybe we can utilize yours next year. Save them aces!!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’m loading up for deer hunting today…..starting to realize I have more gear for Yotes, then deer. Hopefully we get the two bucks we want right away. Then its predator hunting the rest of the week

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’m loading up for deer hunting today…..starting to realize I have more gear for Yotes, then deer.

Yes, I’ve noticed that too. Mrs. Grouse has questioned the true “need” for a pair of boots dedicated JUST to coyote hunting. Women! I ask you. Everyone knows that you can’t hunt coyotes in deer hunting boots. #FreakingObvious

Grouse

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Grouse, I assume you have about 3 pairs of boots….how many pairs of shoes does she have?

Deer hunting = gun, ammo, fanny pack, range finder, and a few extras.

Yotes, add backpack, calls, more calls, e caller, fur patch, binocs……..

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Grouse, I assume you have about 3 pairs of boots….how many pairs of shoes does she have?

Well, I actually have more pairs of footwear than she does. But let’s not get bogged down in the numbers. I mean, I’m sure this is true for lots of guys.

The point is a nice pair of boots just makes a guy feel good, and so why not? I mean, sometimes I like to wear black hunting boots, sometimes brown, sometimes I even like red with a little higher heel, you know, for that “I’m on top of the world” feeling.

You guys are with me on this, right?

Guys? Right?

Grouse

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

You guys are with me on this, right?

Guys? Right?

Grouse

NO

kooty
    Keymaster

I’m with ya Grouse. At least in spirit.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.