Calling

• abster71
    crawford county WI

Well it’s getting close, has anyone started doing any serious calling and having any luck? I was planning to start earlier this week but the weather was terrible. Then it was back to work, won’t be able to get back out till sunday night. I’m planning on hitting the horns/grunting pretty hard.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Did a little grunting last night in stand, but nothing came to see what was up. Going to try rattling tomorrow a little and see if that does anything.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

So windy out here this morning that I’m not sure you could hear me 20 yards away.

deertracker

Yup, the wind is cranking this morning. The good news for my area is that the temp is dropping throughout the day with possible flurries in the morning. -)
    DT

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Had me excited until I realized we’re talk’n deer. I heard two bucks grunting in the wetlands behind my house yesterday while I was on my deck. I woyuld think they are ready

deertracker

If you were hoping for yotes I wish I had a caller with me at deer camp. The yotes are THICK up here this year.
    DT

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I have an e caller and will travel… Sounds like we should plan a hunt after deer seasons are over.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.