Cabelas King Kat

• dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

As some of you might have seen, the Cabelas King Kat contest that was scheduled for last weekend was canceled due to “water conditions”. Anyone ever get an explanation as to what they meant by that? The water conditions last weekend really couldn’t have been more ideal so I was surprised to see the reason given. When this contest was first announced early this spring I wasn’t necessarily against it, but thought it was not a very good idea at all to have it in Henderson in August (I know seasoned veteran locals with jets that have a hard time navigating that stretch). Then later on there were a couple of things that really turned me off on the whole thing and how they were promoting it. But the last straw was when I went to sign up to fish the thing, right at the end of the process I was prompted to do a mandatory KK membership sign up at the cost of $25/member. I was signing up for a partner at the time and I and it really came down to the $50. I didn’t want to spend the $50 which wasn’t going into the prize purse. I wonder if others maybe felt this way too?

I have a hard time believing there was a general lack of interest, as I put together a couple of contests each year here and within 2 weeks I always have the 25 boat field filled.

All questions on their FB page either went unanswered or immediately zapped.

I know there was some discussion here earlier in the year. Was anyone here on IDO signed up?

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Weird that they cancelled it citing ‘water conditions’. It isn’t anywhere near as bad as last year..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.