Broken fitting

• ElFuegoOnIce

My jiffy auger became hydro-locked so I started to take it apart and broke the nylon elbow fuel fitting that attaches to the carb. Local small engine repair shop informed me that since Tecumseh was out of business I’d have to buy a new carburetor for $100. Apparently he’s never heard of the internet. Long story short I found the fitting for $6.25. I also found out that in 2002 Tecumseh and B&S used the same carb. So look for both if you can’t find the other.

carrie willard

I was looking through here for some carb info and had to post on this. It makes me so made when I see local dealers telling people that Tecumseh os out of business and try to charge them a crazy high price ..they are not..I get shipments of parts in every day from them. I sell parts to all of you guys online and use your forums to see what I need to be selling and how you all go about fixing things..thanks for all your help by the way.

meateater94
    Minnesota

Tecumseh is out of business they went bankrupt in late 2007 and we’re forced to sell. However the new company has been making parts using the tecumseh name due to demand. There has not been a tecumseh engine made since late 07. The carburetor on your engine is actually made by Tillotson. The guy at the dealer was correct as tecumseh did go out of business and a lot of their parts are becoming obsolete, mostly shortblocks, flywheels and whole carbs. He was probly looking at the wrong carb on the breakdown because there is a similar carb which you can’t get that fitting and the carb is no longer available. That is a very common part that cracks and leaks fuel and makes the engine run like poop. I have replaced many. Also that fitting would not make your engine hydrolocked just leak fuel. The only thing stopping the fuel from entering the engine is the needle valve inside the carb

ElFuegoOnIce

You are correct meateater94. It wasn’t the cause of the hydro locking. It broke when removing the tank. I rebuilt the carburetor and that solved the issue. Tecumseh may be out of business but, there are tons of replacement parts out there. I guy just needs to be willing to search and not rely on what someone tells them.

meateater94
    Minnesota

Let me guess the fuel line was as stiff as a rock! Yes there still is alot of replacement parts and there will be for a while. Next time you need a part and you get an answer like that again let me know what your looking for and I’ll get you a part number or tell you if it actually is obsolete! I’m a mechanic and deal with this kind of stuff every day of the week. Lucky me!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.