Big Buddy – Filter?

• Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Just picked up a Mr Heater Big Buddy heater. Added the 10 foot fuel line to a 20lb propane cylinder. Do I need the fuel filter accessory add on?

-J.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

It is highly recommended that one use the filter. I know the budget minded thinks about the added expense but if the regulator gets clogged you will spend more in repairs than the price of the filter.

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

I’m currently in the process of replacing my regulator because of no filter. I Never heard about filter till recently. But will have one now.I Highly recomend using one now.

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

From my experience – add the filter.

Hopefully your big buddy isn’t as sensitive when starting it as mine. I have to barely turn on the LP valve or the pressure is too great and it will not start. The spark is clearly blown out before it can become a flame. Once it’s started its good to go for the day. I crafted a tin wind shield riveted around the open flame area to prevent the never ending blow outs when there is a breeze. Might not be a problem for most but there are times when I like to have the heater keeping my holes thawed yet still want some fresh air to breath.

Bought it when they first came out and have had zero issues plus it’s never left me cold including some sub zero nights on LOW.

FWIW

hamms
    Mn

I’ve read if you use the quick connect you do not need filter. Makes it low pressure

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.