Better then Ponder?

• Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

So, i’m trying to watch my first Viking game of the year. Is this kid really better then Ponder?

I have witnessed some really bad throws. frown

mojogunter
    Participant

I don’t watch the Vikings much, but I would say yes, he is better than Ponder. Ponder is awful.

jake47
    Participant
    WI

Teddy is light years ahead of Ponder. Yeah he has made some bad throws today, but most of them have been high. That can be fixed. Ponder would miss all over the place. What Bridgewater can do with his feet gives the offense an added dimension that Ponder certainly can’t offer. And finally, Bridgewater is just a rookie where Ponder still looks terrible after multiple seasons under his belt.

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

Ponder was an expert at following the primary receiver and either throwing it to him (open or not), getting sacked or running.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

He’s rookie and needs the time on the field. Watch out next year. And the next. And the year after that one…..

Ponder wouldn’t cut it in college ball.

fireline
    Participant
    Rochester

I agree with you as well Jake 47

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

There is no way to tell after one partial season. There is just so much adjustment that has to be made to go to the pro level. Bridgewater could be good, could suck, or could be anywhere in between.

Remember, Ponder had his moments too in his rookie season. He had a lot of people thinking wow, if he just gets consistent… Didn’t happen. There is just no way to tell how a QB will do over the long haul based on one partial season of being the starter.

The Vikes just don’t have the pieces in place and the QB isn’t the only thing we’re missing. I know years of QB Frustration have built up such that it’s ALWAYS going to be about the QB, but there are some other players that need to show up as well…

Grouse

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.