Berkley Big Game Line – WHOOAA

• FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Wow, is that stuff durable.

So i forgot my KOTC hat while fishing on the Croix Friday night. Around midnight i decided to head back to boomsite landing to get it incase i caught a worthy fish of entering. So, i go flying through the stillwater bridge – go get my hat and come flying back through the bridge.

I get probably 200+ yds from the bridge at 30mph and notice two green lines attached to the front of the boat and stretching past my face. WHOOAA!
    Apparently someone with fishing the bridge but wasn’t anywhere near their rod as i intentially didn’t go within spitting distance of those on the bridge as someone was walking my direction when they seen me coming.

Anyway, i killed the motor as soon as i seen the line and grabbed the line with one hand and leaned WAAAAY back incase a lure came flying my way.

Quick cut the lines and kept going despite the yelling and laughing coming from the bridge.
    I thought about trying to pull up all the line and any possible rod or lure attached but rather decided the consequences of getting this stuff caught in my motor was far worse.

Had a good laugh though thinking about how fast i must have been taking out drag and whether or not the rod came flying off the bridge )

Advice: Either stand next to your rod so you can reel up, or don’t fish off the stillwater bridge.

Had a near miss with some line last year around midnight too.

Think i might be idling through there the next few trips.

BTW, fishing report was slow, but i did spend most of the day saturday “Strolling” or basically ‘lindy rigging’ for catfish with cut sucker/worms/or sheephead. Several nice catfish and one dandy missed that bit on a dead 8″ sucker lindy rigged.
    Tons of fish north of the bridge construction. Didn’t get a chance to verify, but do believe some large shad are schooled around there.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’ve used 30 pound Big Game and luckily you didn’t get hurt! I think rubber bands stretch less!

Sturgeon season is only a month away. Dang where did the summer go?

…I know, I know…down stream.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.