Tire Chains On ATV ?

• perchhead

Hey guys quick question. Do you only run tire chains on the rear tires only or both front and rear on your atvs? My atv is full full time four wheel drive and I was thinking of running chains on both front and rear.

nailbender

I’ve had chains on all four tires every year and wouldn’t dream of ice fishing without them. I use mine to pull my big house and portable. When pulling the big house, steering is much easier with the chains on the front.

swimingjig
    Waumandee, WI

I run them on all 4 on my Ranger. Just make sure everything clears.

Terry Heese

Quote:

Hey guys quick question. Do you only run tire chains on the rear tires only or both front and rear on your atvs? My atv is full full time four wheel drive and I was thinking of running chains on both front and rear.

I originally put them on front & back but the front ones ended up tearing up the boots. Bought a spare set of front tires/wheels & studded them with hex head screws. They work great, really helps with steering on bare ice.

jbob
    Hastings, MN

How big of a house do you pull with the wheeler?

big_g
    Isle, MN

I have them on the rear only, they help ALOT…. like said though, front would probably make steering alot easier. I am getting a set for the front of mine too

big G

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.