ATV Mod ideas

• Steve Thompson
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Pulled the trigger today and have a new Polaris Sportsman Touring 570 SP in Blue Fire on order and should arrive in about 10 days. I have a young son who will fish with me on occasion, so the 2-up seat will come in handy when he’s with me. I upgraded to an Otter XT1200 Cabin last winter, so I’m looking forward to another run-n-gun winter. Mod’d out the Otter last winter to help keep me on the move. Plan on doing the same thing with the Sportsman.

Decided from my earlier post to add a Digger Auger Rack to the front and I have a Lowrance Elite GPS that will go on the dash.

I’m constantly on the move and am looking for thoughts and ideas on simple mod’s to keep me fishing.

Let’s see photos of your ATV Mods.

Attachments:
    1. XT1200-Cabin-with-570-SP-Touring.jpg

revpilot
    Lake Erie

I made a quick release bucket/milk crate holder for the back, just take out 2 pins and its off in a few seconds. I made it out of a old piece of ladder from a treestand.

Attachments:
    1. rack2.jpg

2. rack3.jpg

jetro
    Mayer, MN

I added heated hand/thumb warmers, windshield, handle bar ram ball so my 5″ lowrance GPS fits. I built a custom front rack that holds my auger, rod bag, LX7, LX5, Marcum 385 camera and has a built in cutting board on the bottom. I also built a custom rear basket with an added switchable work light for setting/packing up in the dark. Front rack is held on by two bolts, and rear rack by two pins.

Attachments:
    1. Grizz-rear-rack.jpg

2. IMG_20121218_101110.jpg

3. IMG_20121208_110053.jpg

4. IMG_20121208_110024.jpg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.