Anyone staying town this weekend?

• dbright
    Cambridge

I did a number on my back last weekend and have been stuck in the house since. McGregor is where I usually spend my holidays but the usually antics on a holiday weekends don’t follow doctors orders. So I will be trying to get out somewhere locally Saturday. Anyone else fishing in town instead of heading out of town?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Want to go catch 26-30″ channels in Anoka? Bite doesn’t start till 930ish. Want to break that 15# mark. Can’t deal with the day holiday crowds so keep it to sundown angling.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Yup… But I live where you all come.
    Hope the back heals, back pain is NO fun.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thinking about hitting the river early monday morning. Croix for some swimming on Sunday out of copas.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I never travel on major holiday weekends. Hitting the St. Croix tomorrow, maybe try Pool 2 on Monday.

dbright
    Cambridge

Looking at the forecast I might take a drive and fish north of hwy 70 on the Croix tomorrow if I can talk anyone into going.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Work, work, daughter to college, back to work, Dallas NBS show, and back to work

deertracker

Im staying home but like Mark I also live where people like to go.
    DT

basser
    White Bear Lake,mn.

Bald Eagle for muskies and try out new motor .

matt

I wss going to head north but its tough to drive a few hundred miles and deal with traffic when I have had great fishing within a half hour of the house all season.Probly stick to the Misissipi anywhere from Brooklyn Park down to pool 2.Smallmouth and walleyes will be my target.

Attachments:
    1. 10551023_739646579430467_237684429848781583_n.jpeg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Hey Matte if you head out the BP area if you would drop me a PM and let me know how that ramp is be much appreciated. Haven’t been there all year.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

The St. Croix was slow today….a fish here, a fish there, lots of great looking water with no fish in it in between. Fred and I covered miles of river today, caught 6 or 8 Smallies and a couple of Northerns.

Also saw a couple dump their canoe. The guy made it to shore, the woman was hanging onto a branch out in the river. We got there in time to pull her in and then helped them recover most of their gear. Those two made a lot of mistakes today and lived to talk about it.

Chore tomorrow and then maybe my favorite east Metro Bass lake on Monday morning.

Attachments:
    1. Picture-0052.jpg

2. Picture-0021.jpg

dbright
    Cambridge

Hey Matte if you head out the BP area if you would drop me a PM and let me know how that ramp is be much appreciated. Haven’t been there all year.

Bp launch has been good so far this year. Come December you don’t want bunks.

dbright
    Cambridge

The St. Croix was slow today….a fish here, a fish there, lots of great looking water with no fish in it in between. Fred and I covered miles of river today, caught 6 or 8 Smallies and a couple of Northerns.

Also saw a couple dump their canoe. The guy made it to shore, the woman was hanging onto a branch out in the river. We got there in time to pull her in and then helped them recover most of their gear. Those two made a lot of mistakes today and lived to talk about it.

Chore tomorrow and then maybe my favorite east Metro Bass lake on Monday morning.

matt

I havnt been down there since Thursday but the ramp was good then.If you have rollers your fine but bunks you have to back in the water quite a bit,well at least my buddy does with his bunk trailer.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Rained out this AM, bummer. But that’s the first time that’s happened this season so I can’t complain too much.

Hope everyone has a great Holiday and eats too much BBQ.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Rain stayed off in the Mississppi Anoka area for me this AM, lil drops about it. Caught a couple walleyes, hand full of smallies, just can’t find the size, yet, in that area. Trolling fire tiger jointed shad rap on main channel current breaks was key. Got a couple on a spinner with plastic too, forgot the worms doah

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.