Anterless permits

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

They gave out 500 in our area (246) our party of 7 went o for 7 that is kind of hard to believe. It’s going to be a tough year with 7 guys restricted to bucks only. Oh well that’s the state of hunting in some areas in Minnesota these days. hopefully with the does mostly getting a free pass in our area the #’s can rebound some. I just hope with that many people forced to hunt bucks only that their #’s don’t get brought down to almost none and the remaining bucks run themselfs to death chasing does

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

My zone has given out a hundred (100) the last several years…. Tons of deer there because of it.
    Going bow hunting this weekend just because does are so abundant, and tasty.

Good luck hunting!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I don’t think it’s hard to believe in terms of the odds. With areas having thousands of hunters drawing for only hundreds (or less) of tags, the odds can get pretty long in some places.

Minnesotans are going to have to get used to the fact that not everybody gets to shoot a deer every year. That’ll be a hard reality for some that have basically experienced nothing but massive deer numbers their entire hunting carreer, but the peak years were just that–the peak. They weren’t normal if we go by history.

The only alternative is to go with a western style tag system where some people just don’t get to hunt. I’m doubting that solution would make many people happy. If we’re going to let anyone buy a license, then the does have to be protected.

Grouse

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Yep. Going to have to put in some time and actually hunt for them bucks this year. Had to work a little to fill our last tag last year. Going to be surprised if we fill them all this year. To many years of hunting opening weekend and being filled out. Back to reality this year.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.