Another Glock Joins the Team

• suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Sometimes I scare myself when it comes to impulse buying. One minute I am working hard the next minute I absolutely must have a G20. I cant explain it. I think it’s been about a year (OK 8 months maybe) since my last gun purchase so my problem isn’t harming the household but for cripe sakes WHY do I need a 10mm Glock!!!!! Done as of this morning. Waiting for it to ship.
    I have kinda wanted one for a long time. Maybe I’ll even find a good use for it. I may hunt out west in the next few years with my bro so it would be a good self defensive bear gun. Hell, I’ll carry anytime I’m out with the dogs up north. Sure you could fend off a wolf or yote with something small but a 10mm Glock would do the job very nicely. I just keep thinking of more reasons I need it!!!
    Seriously. I need a shotgun, not another stupid hand gun! Ammo will be fun to purchase. NOT.
    I suppose I need to find a holster. Whats works best for larger handguns. Waist holster or those chest holsters I keep seeing in the magazines? Its a sickness. Help me but don’t cure me.

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

Sweet…even though it’s a Glock. )

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Cross draw under the armpit style holster. Congrats! Would love to shoot that baby!

-J.

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

Would love to shoot that baby!

Maybe an IDO shoot will come to fruition some day! )

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jon Jordan wrote:</div>
    Would love to shoot that baby!

Maybe an IDO shoot will come to fruition some day! )

Don’t hold your breath…..:)

jerry b
    Participant
    western WI

I still haul my old wheel gun around for walking the pup in the north country. Never had any problems with ‘yotes or wolves but li’l BooBoo Bear has gotten friendly a couple times. When the old short-barrel barks he listens. So far all I’ve had to do is crank out a couple in his direction, would hate to have to hurt the guy. As mentioned, a cross draw is also my favorite. jerr

Trent W
    Participant
    Chatfield, MN

You will enjoy your Glock 20. I have had one for about 2 years. I have a 6 inch KKM aftermarket barrel on mine and plan on using that combination for deer hunting this fall.

Store bought ammo is expensive and usually underpowered compared to what the G20 can handle. I started reloading mostly with the 10mm in mind. I have a pet load that I worked up that sends a 180 gr. Hornady XTP down range at about 1400 fps.

As for holsters, if you are going to take it in the woods, its hard to beat a Guides Choice holster by Diamond D Custom Leather in Alaska. For everyday carry I have a Snap Slide by Crossbreed.

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Sweet. Thanks Trent. I have been looking all day for that holster. Found one similar but I think you nailed it. I wont be loading my own but will find some good stuff online. Already have a couple leads on that.

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

Nice. For an impulse buy, that’s a pretty sweet impulse.

I like the part about wolf/coyote defense. Considering the time/effort I spend deliberately sounding like something a coyote would WANT to attack–and usually with limited success–I don’t think Mrs. Grouse would buy that line from me. The best defense against coyote attack would appear to be having me nearby sounding like a distressed rabbit.

I would agree, a 10 MM has been the handgun that sent many handgunners to the reloading dark side. If you find decent prices, stock up.

Grouse

flatfish
    Participant
    Rochester, MN

Congrats on your purchase.
    Just wondering why a 10mm vs the .40cal? I reload, so no Big deal to me. But, like mentioned, when you find it, better stock up, eh?

flatfish
    Participant
    Rochester, MN

BTW > IF YOU WANT TO DO THIS > you can shoot .40 S&W in your 10mm, but you can’t shoot 10mm’s in a .40cal..

Trent W
    Participant
    Chatfield, MN

Flatfish makes a good point about shooting .40 S&W in the Glock 20. That definitely can be done to save on the cost of store ammo. That is one of the greatest reasons to own a G20. You can shoot everything from weak .40 rounds to full power 10mm. Just keep in mind that its recommended that if you shoot .40 S&W in your G20 barrel that you clean the barrel before going back to 10mm rounds.

Even if you are not planning on reloading, make sure you save all your brass. In the event that you later decide to reload, you will be glad you saved them. The cheapest you will likely find 10mm ammo will be around 60 cents per round. You might find some cheaper, but not by much. Reloading your brass will drop the cost down to around 15 cents per round. If you don’t ever plan to reload, I would be more than happy to take the brass off your hands.

Let me know if you have any questions. I’d be happy to help out a fellow Glock 20 owner!

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Congrats on your purchase.
    Just wondering why a 10mm vs the .40cal? I reload, so no Big deal to me. But, like mentioned, when you find it, better stock up, eh?

I already have 2 .40’s. Glock and Beretta. My G23 is my favorite carry gun.

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

I picked it up yesterday from a private FFL in Newport. Very Nice Guy. Gary Drury. I recommend him.
    I would not however recommend the dealer I purchased the gun from. The package was left on the FFL’s residential porch over night without signature. Also the new gun has damage on the slide. Not enough I noticed before taking possession but it is marred on one side with bluing off on the other. Obviously mishandled.
    I would have never have chosen this firearm in person. Nobody would have. I think they dumped the ugly gun on me. I think I am done buying online for quite a while after this experience. Before I post the company name I want to see what their response to my feedback. I did not request a new gun. As long as it works I’ll keep it.

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Update. I wouldn’t recommend buying from glockmeister if you want a new condition gun. This is my third online firearm. First two were perfect. IF I ever buy online again I will go over it with a fine tooth comb before accepting from FFL but at that point you already paid the dealer anyways. Just a risky way to acquire high dollar items.
    A really good company would have commanded my respect by insisting I get a replacement product. They did not offer that which tells me all I need to know about them. Sorry for the negativity. Just want my IDO bros to knows of a company to possibly avoid. Looking forward to shooting this cannon and posting an update. I have ammo!!!

Trent W
    Participant
    Chatfield, MN

Sorry to hear about the poor customer service. Hopefully the gun performs to your expectations. Did you get a Gen 3 or Gen 4? I have a Gen 3 and am eager to hear more once you get it to the range.

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Gen 4. I installed one of the beaver tail backstraps that fit my hand better than stock. Very cool.

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

It shoots well.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.