7/20 P2

• procor
    Mounds View, MN

Back to the drawing board on trying to find out what happened to the whitetips. Was out on Sunday working the same exact areas where we had one of my best days catching eyes two days prior, on Friday. On Friday, we hooked up with 24 and landed 18, with my summertime PB at just over 8#. Now on Sunday…since the river dropped a little over 1-foot since Friday, they have all but disappeared. Time to find new spots. There were definitely some stragglers still hanging in my favorite spots, but they were not there in numbers. Thats what I love about the Miss…the challenge of ‘here one day, gone the next’ type of fishing and the challenge to stay on the bite when the flow changes. Friday had most of our eyes is current seams not really close to and WDs; yesterday had the ones we caught, tightly associating with WDs…time to switch and try some various pitchin…

The best part of Sunday was that I had the wife and kids with and everybody had a chance to reel in fish. My little girl reeled in a 22″er. The smile on the kids made a perfect day.

Checking out how to see how this video thing works

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Great video. Remember doing that with my kids. Trolling with kids is supper easy. Not nearly as many tangled lines to deal with from them trying to cast. Used to leave the rods locked in the holders while they reeled the fish in so they didnt have to worry about trying to hold the rod. They would watch the line counter until it reached 5′ and then I would take over from there.

Slow day for me on Saturday to. 7 fish for 9 hrs. Guess that high water easy fishing can spoil a guy.

fishdale

I was out Sunday 1st trip in over a month and only the second this year. We ended up with a dozen nothing too big. All on jigs with crawlers or Gulp minnows. Did loose a nice one by the boat. Got a bonus flathead and the Kid caught a railroad spike on a jig so that was weird.

Nice day to be out sure wish they would get on the ball and open up the Lillydale Launch.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.