7/18/-7/26/ @ Everts

• trumar
    Participant
    Rochester, Mn

We started our annual week long vacation @ Everts Resort 2 weeks late this year due to high water and a previously scheduled engagement, It was well worth the wait tho.

When we got there,there were plenty of kids for our kids to play with for the weekend.

My boat didnt hit the water until Wednesday morning until my father inlaw came up for a trip out, fishing wasn’t fast and furious for us,due to we stayed somewhat close to the resort but we did boat some nice keeper walleys,21 1/2″ being the biggest.The walleyes we found were in 10-11 fow, the only technique we used was straight line trolling a # 5 shad raps & #5 jointed shad raps. Red craw,green craw & blue/white were best colors for us.

I only had one day were my boat didnt boat any fish,but between shore fishing a little and boat fishing through Saturday afternoon I manage to keep 18 better than keeper walleyes, which I thought was rather well for just taking my boat out for a few short 2-3 hour trips.

My daughter also caught her first catfish and BIG nothern pike, her smile lasted for hours !

All in all it was a great week @ Everts Resort.. Thanks Steve and Kari,see you this Friday night .

The best fishing is yet to come and I for one cant wait it, bring on the plastics bite !!

mxskeeter
    Participant
    SW Wisconsin

Sounds like it was almost a perfect week. Way to go.

John Fischer
    Participant

I enjoyed fishing with you on Wednesday Jeff. Thanks again! I have been fishing the River for 62 years (since about 8 yrs old), and each time you and I go out, I learn something from you!

Attachments:
    1. Jul-24th-2013-2.jpg

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

From several FB updates, looks like the family had a fun week. Those sunset pics were fantastic! I need to get down there soon.

-J.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks for the water clarity readings on my week off Jeff.

Good fishing and good times…minus the high water!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.