494 Access Pool 2

• Steve Root
    Participant
    South St. Paul, MN

Checked out the ramp yesterday evening. It’s still closed and there are some seriously big pieces of construction gear parked there. I have a couple of inquiries in, if I find out what they’re doing I’ll pass it along.

Heck of a time to close the ramps.

SR

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

That sucks. How long have they been closed?

Steve Root
    Participant
    South St. Paul, MN

This morning I heard back from the SSP Parks department:

“We apologize for the inconvenience. The project involves levy improvements that are being done along most of the river front in South St. Paul, and as you are well aware, it is the area by the boat launch’s turn. Last week was supposed to be week two of two so I would anticipate they will be finished this week. I will check with our Engineering Department, if the timeline extends beyond this week, I will let you know.

Thanks for your patience. ”

Hopefully by next weekend we’ll be back in business.

SR

Steve Root
    Participant
    South St. Paul, MN

A little more information from the city Engineering department:

“The launch will be closed this whole week.

When we are done this week it will be filled with gravel for safe access.

One day next week it will be closed again while it is re-paved.”

splitshot
    Participant
    Rosemount, MN

Here’s what I was told by a city worker today: “They are putting a sewer line through or relining an old line. It will be closed for a couple of weeks.”

I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a (new) road, a dike, or a bike trail built, torn apart, re-built, torn apart, re-built, torn apart, re-built, etc., so many times in one spot in my entire life! It seems like that place is ALWAYS under construction down there. IMHO… It’s just poor planning on someone’s part.

When I worked for city government, of the four City Engineer’s I worked with, each would’ve been really pi$$ed if this type of stuff was going on in their jurisdiction. What a waste of cash…..

eyellaw10
    Participant

Any updates on this launch? Hoping to get out tomorrow around 10 am

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Still closed this afternoon.

eyellaw10
    Participant

Was closed yesterday

Steve Root
    Participant
    South St. Paul, MN

It was open today, lots of rigs in the parking lot and the ramp was busy.

bowtecmike
    Participant
    Zimmerman mn

Pool 2 has been great for me last 2 trips (last 2 weeks) down both brought me 30+ eyes and 10 fish in the 26″-29″ range. Came from different areas as the river changed and different fishing styles. First trip higher water more flow worked seems with ripping raps and jig and minnows. 2nd trip less current found fish spread out on a 13 ft troll run (leadcore) no rhyme or reason but big female eyes along with some big sauger in there as well. If you haven’t gotten to pool 2 lately get down there. Keep an open mind on how to get these fish biting and you will have a wet net!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.