2018 Lunds

• Ronald K. Smrz
    Participant

The 2018 Lund line up is now on their web. Saw the new 2018 Impact 1775 XS in person and spent an hour crawling/sitting in it.
    Can’t wait for some test results for it. My boat of choice!

DonG
    Participant

A very nice boat it is.

queenswake
    Participant
    NULL

I think it will be a very hot seller if the price difference is enough between this and the 1875 XS. For a lot of guys, the lower price and the shorter length in order to fit into the garage is what is going to sell this boat.

carnivore
    Participant
    Dubuque, Iowa

I ordered a 2018 1775 Impact Sport last week. Was looking at 2017 carry overs but saw Lund increased the size slightly for 2018 so paid a little more to get the color and options I wanted plus a little bigger boat. Does anyone know why they made the changes for 2018? What they did should marginally improve load capacity, ride quality, tracking and dry ride.I’m doing a lot of the rigging myself – TM, DFs, and kicker so can’t wait for spring.

Hot Runr Guy
    Participant
    West Chicago, IL

I ordered a 2018 1775 Impact Sport last week. I’m doing a lot of the rigging myself – TM, DFs, and kicker so can’t wait for spring.

Congrats on ordering the new rig. Make sure you ask your dealer to provide the wiring & rigging tube drawings for you, like the example below.

HRG

Attachments:
    1. Lund-1775-Impact_1675_1725_1825_Model-rig-tube-and-schematic.pdf

DonG
    Participant

Congrats on the upcoming new rig, I hope you enjoy it. The largest new upgrade for the 2018 line is the composite transoms. Doing the rigging will save you a bunch and you’ll know how it was all installed. What equipment are you going with? The wiring legend in your owners manual was a lot handier in identifying available connections and ground blocks. The schematic was some help as well.

carnivore
    Participant
    Dubuque, Iowa

Appreciate the info guys. So far I plan to buy a Terrova I-pilot link and a 9 or 10 humminbird for the console to link it with. Not sure yet 80 or 112 on the electric. Will go mega chirp SI G2N on the bird. I have a 859 bird DI combo I’ll put near the stern and a 9.9 Yamaha kicker. Will need to install another seat base in the rear port corner for a power pedestel.That will get me fishing. Will add sport trac brackets for rod holders and a trolling motor ram hold down.Not sure if I’ll buy another bird of some kind for the bow or move rear one to front when needed. Will also have to decide on onboard charger based on which terrova I buy. Good thing I’m retired and my labor isn’t worth much.

Ryan Hughes
    Participant

I would go with the 80lb terrova if I were you. You already said that you will have a kicker as well so there is really no need for the extra thrust out of the electric. I have a 80lb terrova with link on my 1775 crossover and it will push me around just fine up to about 2.3 mph. If I want more than that I just start the kicker and use it in conjunction with the terrova. This set up will also save you some weight and money not having that third battery up front. I would take your savings and put it toward the Helix 10 instead of the 9. I have the 10 at the helm as well in my boat and it has been great. One thing to note is the helix 9 and 10 are the exact same size the 9 just has a smaller screen in it. The 10 also has a higher resolution screen (more pixels/square inch) than the 9. I also have the rod holders on the sport track the ram trolling motor support etc like you are looking at so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Attachments:
    1. 2.jpeg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Feel free to post more pics of your boat Ryan on any post, those colors are so kick a$$.

crappie55369
    Participant
    Mound, MN

Feel free to post more pics of your boat Ryan on any post, those colors are so kick a$$.

X2. I looked at the picture and thought back to seeing that boat a long time ago in the Lund forum. Very memorable colors that looks great!

Ryan Hughes
    Participant

Thanks guys! I absolutely love my boat. I still think its one of the classiest Lunds I have seen.

Attachments:
    1. derby1.jpg

2. LP-3.jpg

3. IMG_4084.jpg

4. IMG_2241.jpg

5. FullSizeRender-3.jpg

6. 14.jpeg

carnivore
    Participant
    Dubuque, Iowa

Thanks for the comments Ryan. I was leaning the direction you recommended for 24v vrs. 36v and 10″ vrs. 9″ and will probably go 24v and 10″ for the exact reasons you stated. I mainly fish wingdams and river structure with the kicker so don’t use the bow mount much except winter and early spring where power isn’t a problem. When more power is needed we have done as you said, used the bow mount to steer and push with the kicker. It looks like the new boat uses Swivl-Eze 238 series bases and posts. Does anyone know who has the best price on these? I’ll need an adjustable power post and seat base.

Ryan Hughes
    Participant

You’ll be happy with that set up for sure. Sorry I can’t help with a link for those parts that you will need but talk to your dealer they should be able to help you out. When mounting that new seat base make sure to back it up with a piece of quality marine grade wood where ever you mount it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.