2014 Deer Contest

• deertracker
    Participant

In years past we have had an IDO “braggin rights” deer contest. With everything that is going on with the site this year there was not going to be one. I have decided to put one together this year.

Entry Fee: $5 Fleet Farm gift card mailed to my residence. Send me a friend request titled “deer contest” and I will message you my address. Like in years past, I will pick teams out of a hat to make teams of 3. Since teams will be randomly selected I will take entries postmarked by September 30th.

Payout: The payout with be 1st place- 50%, 2nd place- 30%, 3rd place- 20%. These prizes will be divided between the team members. IDO is also offering up an additional $50 card for 1st, $25 card for 2nd and a $10 card for 3rd. These will also be split between the team members

Here are the rules for this years Contest:
    1) I will only accept pics taken in the field before the deer is field dressed, if that is not possible please use your best discretion and make them tasteful.

2) I will require pictures of the deer tags from the winning teams.

3) A maximum of one buck and two does or three does may be entered into this contest by each team member.

4) All entries must be submitted with a photograph of the deer in the “2014 Deer Contest Results” thread along with your team number and state that the deer was taken in.

5) Any legal weapon may be used during their set season depending upon states hunted.

6) Any buck harvested by YOURSELF is allowed to be entered into the contest. If you shoot a buck enter it, if you happen to shoot a higher scoring buck for the contest enter that too and the higher scoring buck will be the one counted and added to your team score. Still only one buck counts towards your score, but I’m allowing people to enter multiple bucks if they end up shooting a larger one after the first one.(Each team member may still only count one buck).

7) Adult does (no fawns) only can be entered into the contest for does, except for youth AGE 16 AND UNDER.

8) Points will be awarded for each harvest as follows:

-Each doe (up to three without a buck) entered by each team member are worth 5 points each.

-Any legal Buck are worth an automatic 10 points plus 1 additional point for each tine 1 inch or larger.

9) This contest is for whitetail and mule deer only.

10) Team members are not allowed to shoot Deer for each other.

**Deadline for Deer entries is January 1st 2015**

deertracker
    Participant

Please reply to this thread if you plan to enter so I can get a feel for numbers. I will start a thread labeled, “2014 Deer Contest Results” where you can post your entries for the contest.

Thanks in advance!
    James- deertracker

cougareye
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

Thanks for organizing this, I’m in again!!

Eric

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

Pat McSharry and I are in!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m in.

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

Ok ‘ I’ll sweeten the stakes. For the member that takes the largest scored buck by 12/31/14, I’ll supply a large Extreme Hunting Solutions stick-n-lick pop. If you post a trail cam pic that easily depicts the buck licking a EHS POP,earlier in the season, I’ll send a sample pack of the pops, Kanda Korn, and big buck mineral.

Chris Hazen
    Participant

Hey im in if you’ll take me

deertracker
    Participant

Come on guys and gals we need more people to sign up to make this work. Just send me a friend request and I will message you my address. It’s only a $5 Fleet Farm gift card to enter. We already have a buck down. They could end up being on your team when I do the drawing.
    DT

deertracker
    Participant

If you don’t have a Fleet Farm close to you you can send me a $5 check and I will take care of it. I really thought there would be more interest. You don’t have to be worried about shooting a big buck. It’s a team contest.
    DT

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

Joel Nelson is in too. I just got off the phone with him talking about a new piece of ground he can hunt in SE Minnesota, and he’d be a fool not to!

deertracker
    Participant

Well that should be nine at least. Jon Stevens is in as well.
    DT

Ben Putnam
    Participant
    Saint Paul, MN

I would totally be down, but I fear I may be a weak team member as there are no doe tags in my neck of the woods this year and I haven’t been in the woods scouting once yet =/… I don’t mind giving my $5 but I don’t want 2 guys getting sore because they got stuck with me on their team.

Jon Stevens
    Participant
    Northfield, Wi

I wouldn’the worry about guys getting mad Ben. It’s all in good fun.

Ben Putnam
    Participant
    Saint Paul, MN

You can count me and Bill Forsberg in.

deertracker
    Participant

Ben Putnum and Bill Forsberg Jr. are in.

We can still take more people.

deertracker
    Participant

I think Ben and I posted at the same time. -)
    DT

Ben Putnam
    Participant
    Saint Paul, MN

For anyone like me that lives out in Timbuktu, wondering how to find a gift card, they sell them directly from Fleet Farm online. Catch is the lowest one they sell is $10 so you’ll have to call some friends and see who’s in!

deertracker
    Participant

Or just send me a $5 check and I will take care of it.
    James

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Please sign me up as well DT… Just like Mr Putnam I’m handcuffed with only 1 tag but I’m happy to donate to the cause -)

deertracker
    Participant

Sweet, that should make 12 so far. I think most of us only have a buck tag in our pockets unless your hunting multiple state.
    DT

TheguN
    Participant

If its not to late count me in!

Corey Lukes

Kentucky Boy 75
    Participant
    Champlin, MN

Thanks DT – Count me in. I’m only able to get one deer this year.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I’ll play, but there are no fleet farms near me, and I won’t be likely to shoot any does either.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’ll be sending a check DT. I’m sending enough for Bob Bergeson and Todders also. Count them in.

jordanb
    Participant
    SE MN

Just sent you a request DT, could not get a message to send though so if you could message me that would be greatly appreciated. I will be in and will be sending a 5$ check as well.

deertracker
    Participant

Those I have recieved money/cards from:

Kentucky Boy
    John Schultz
    Ben Putnam
    Bill Forsberg

Nic Barker
    Participant
    Central WI-Northern IL

Why not I think I can manage to get at least a doe to contribute, in all the opportunities provided here in WI. I’m in.

Not sure how to title a friend-request so DT I sent you just a normal friend request.

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

Olivia and I are making the donation. One FF card covering both of us sent. We’ll be buck only as we don’t shoot does.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.