130 pounds in 4 hours

• Whiskerkev
    Madison

I just got back from vacation in northern Wisconsin. The bite up north was not very good. As it turns out I should have stayed here because the cats were on fire last night. My good friend Jake (Chamberschamps) and I hit the water around 7 on beautiful Lake Mendota. I checked one of my favorite spots and the wind and waves were too much. I decided to do some scouting to try and find a more comfortable place to fish and hit pay dirt on a new spot. My first fish was the biggest I’ve seen in 5 years at 35 x 23. I thought my drag was broken at first. I think I may have made the leader board with 3 pigs in one night. Jake would also have made it had he been taking the right pictures. The weather man was a bald faced liar last night didn’t get wind direction or speed even close. We ended up with 12 fish. Only one was under 10lbs. We had a double going at one point with two fish over 30 inches. The bites came in waves with time to enjoy a beverage between bites. Cut sucker was the ticket.

Attachments:
    1. 34.5-x-21-1.jpg

2. Jake-1.jpg

3. 31-x-19.jpg

4. 35-x-23.jpg

Whiskerkev
    Madison

A couple more shots

Attachments:
    1. Jake-4.jpg

2. Jake-2.jpg

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

WTG Kev and Jake!!! Kev, where were you at up north???

Mark

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Kevin – next photo just say cheese as they snap the picture. I always think you are going to the bathroom as you are holding up your fish.

Oh yeah – sorry. Nice fish. Almost forgot why I was replying

Whiskerkev
    Madison

We were 40 miles west of Hayward where the Croix crosses 35 is really close to our stomping grounds. Hard to smile when a big beast is trying to smack you around.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Thats what you call a good bite Kevin with that much weight and all big ones.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.