Lowrance connections?

• Andrew James

So I am looking at purchasing a used HDS-7 and an Elite-7 HDI.

The owner does not have any cords or transducer with them.

Question is what transducer works for both as I’d like to run both off one transducer, console & bow.

Also from my research it looks like I’ll need the ethernet cable to connect them as well as both need a power cord, am I correct?

THANKS!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I don’t believe they are able to be networked. I am not sure what generation the HDS is, which may make a difference.

Elite HDI is a relatively older unit. Its probably almost 10 years old now. The transducer for that one isn’t anything like the newer HDS units use.

I am pretty sure you are going to need separate transducers and power cords for each unit.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

They used to make a Lowrance SB-10BL Two Sonar Units to One Transducer Switch Box but I don’t believe it is made anymore or if it would work with your units. You can share sonar with ethernet networked units which the hds probably is but the elite is probably not.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Both units have Ethernet connections.

All you need is an ethernet cable to connect the units together and you will be able to share the sonar.

Nick Matti

I saw the same classified ad online and almost pulled the trigger.

I have a HDS gen 2, HDS gen 1, and a HDI 5 all networked together. the HDI 5 did not have ethernet or NMEA 2000 so I have it connected with a NMEA0183.

I’ve been slow to get rid of the HDI5 because of the three, it is the only one that will take my MN Lakemaster chip.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.